Idyllically situated on the sea-front of ancient Stone Town, and flanked by an exotic mix of sultan’s palaces, Portuguese forts, ancient dhow harbours, and bright bazaars, the Zanzibar Serena Hotel is a haven of tranquility and opulence amongst the bustle of one of Africa’s most ancient and most enchanting towns. A member of the prestigious Small Luxury Hotels of the World, it has been styled to represent the epitome of Swahili style, ethnic elegance and Arabic opulence, setting it apart as one of the finest hotels in Zanzibar.
The hotel is in Stone Town, which is in the ‘Old Town’ of Zanzibar City, which lies on the western side of the island of the same name. Zanzibar has an international airport, which is approximately 20 minutes flight from the mainland. There are daily flights linking Zanzibar with Dar es Salaam, Tanga, Arusha, the northern safari circuit airstrips and Nairobi (Kenya). Ferries and speed boats link Zanzibar with Dar es Salaam daily and with Pemba several times weekly. The airport is 7km south of Zanzibar Town and the journey takes 15 minutes by taxi.Airport transfers available upon request from the hotel.
- Wide selection of rooms and suites: all with AC, satellite TV, Wi-Fi
- All-day Baharia Restaurant, Mdele Coffee Shop, Masahani Bar and Terrace Seafood Restaurant
- Swimming pool and pool deck
- Live music nightly
- Treatment rooms.
- Business centre, travel desk, taxi service
- Wedding planning service
- Gift Shop, news-stand and travel requisites kiosk
- Baby-sitting, children’s dining/menus.
Weddings and Honeymoons In Zanzibar
Few venues can be more romantic for an unforgettable wedding than the spice island of Zanzibar. The Zanzibar Serena Hotel stands in prime position on the sea front as one of the most exclusive and beautiful wedding destinations. Offering a sublime selection of wedding venues within the hotel and around its grounds, we can also offer some unique historical venues.
As to formalities; from registrar to certificate, cake to champagne, all will be arranged. We also offer some unique family and friends Zanzibar wedding packages, ‘his and hers’ pre-wedding grooming, flowers for the venue and the bride, wedding planning service, professional banquet catering and limousine service.
- Flower-bowered, sea-terrace ceremony
- Swahili bedecked cocktail reception by the pool.
- Wedding reception in the former Sultan Hamoud’s residential palace, the ‘House of Wonders’ or in the newly-restored Old Dispensary, one of Zanzibar’s finest historic buildings
- Wedding on a traditional dhow
- Wedding on a deserted island in the Zanzibar Channel
- Traditional henna body decoration for the bride
- A beach wedding at our Mangapwani Serena Beach Club
- Swahili cultural entertainment, dance and song
- Taarab orchestra or local choir
- Photography and videoing of your special day.
- Special accommodation packages for the entire wedding party.